Tuesday, May 31, 2011

day 11: write a bucket list of things you want to do before you die

I've honestly never really thought of things that I want to do before I die. Here are a few though.

1. I want to be a husband.
2. I want to be a father.
3. I want to live a happy life.
4. I want to visit Rome, Athens, Jerusalem, Egypt, Barcelona, London, Moscow, St. Petersberg, Germany, Liechtenstein, Vienna, Venice, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul, Belgium, Milan, Florence, Marseilles, Waterloo, and Versailles. Basically visit everyone in Europe and some places the in Egypt that have any historical value. Hopefully I'll find someplace more magnificent that I've never even heard of yet.
5. I want to take an extensive trip around DC, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and other places to visit the battlefields of the civil war.
6. I want to understand what exactly everyone honestly believed that made them hold a gun against brothers.
7. I want to believe and love something bigger than myself, that I know it is something so right that it is worth giving up everything I have.
8. I want to have a long hard stare at the WW2 Memorial in Hawaii.
9. I want to personally thank a veteran that I'd never met, and all the ones that I have.
10. I want to go to the places in Japan that the nuclear bombs were dropped. I want to learn the will that they had to overcome that.

Those are just some of the things I'd love to do.

3 comments:

  1. You know this shows a different side of you that I haven't seen that often. Actually I think I've seen it come out most when I've seen you sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound pretty good to me! Looks like you're going to be quite the traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind going to a few of those places with you. I think you should add Hong Kong to your list. It's a pretty cool place.

    ReplyDelete