Tuesday, May 31, 2011

day 10: songs you listen to when you're happy/sad/bored/mad

For me, it's less about songs I listen to as to what songs I play/sing. I'll sing all kinds of songs when I'm happy, I just love singing in general, but the Suessical songs are definitely going to be some of my new favorites! My favorite songs of all time to sing when I'm happy are Corner of the Sky and Giants in the Sky, the former from Pippin the latter from Into the Woods.

Some songs I sing when I'm sad are things like: Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, from Les Miserables, No One is Alone, from Into the Woods, This is the Moment, from Jekyll and Hyde, and If I Can't Love Her, from Beauty and the Beast.

My angry songs are sometimes my favorite. These songs are the songs that really always bring out a passion. I get hot and sweaty every time I sing these songs. They are: Facade from Jekyll and Hyde, She Cries, from Song for a New World, Confrontation, from Jekyll and Hyde, and I would love to sing Madame Guillotine from Scarlet Pimpernel, but it didn't come in the song book :(

4 comments:

  1. Great songs! I love to sing "Shy" when I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music!!! My best angry song is when you sing Facade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! ^_^ Jen, I think I'm going to be even more sad when you're not there on Sunday dinners now that I don't have access to a piano everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear all of your songs that go with all your moods! I like to play the piano to help me with my moods.

    ReplyDelete