Friday, July 6, 2012

Princess Festival


This is me talking about how I was the Mad Hatter for the Princess Festival for 2 days. I loved it! DONE!



Oh...You want more? ...Okay...

...


...

I guess...here's why I loved it!

First off, little girls dressed up as princesses...CUTE! Seriously adorable, look them up on Facebook and look at the pictures. As I said before cute! (side note, "cute" is a super awkward looking word. Just sayin') Secondly, I've always wanted a daughter, a little girl, heck I always would've taken little sister, I don't really know why but things like the Princess festival are definitely something we would do. The Princess Festival is something I would start for my own daughter's/granddaughter's if I had the means. (Fortunately someone already did it for me! All I need to do is pony up some cash for tickets...instead of y'know...running it) With that knowledge in mind that I've always wanted to take care of a my lil' girl like that, getting to do it for HUNDREDS of lil' girls...awesome. Frankly, I don't need to know them. All I need is to see their faces light up. Which I did! (I like to think I was a good Mad Hatter, or at least silly enough to make them smile) Seriously though, one of the most rewarding experiences of my life of which, thankfully, I've had many. (Theater is full of amazing experiences like this. These are reasons I LOVE the meet and greet after shows, the few people that will come up and say this experience moved me, also AMAZING) This I say to all the little princesses of Everly, THANK YOU! Thank you little child(and sometimes big children!) for every smile! Thank you to all the Princess Grandpa's that came! :) Thanks to Super Girl, whose identity I won't reveal, but for a hint she was neither female nor a little girl. Thanks to everyone that had a tea party with me! I loved being beat at tic tac toe, I loved struggling to lose at tic tac toe(some girls made it HARD!...they were like 4 though...) Thanks to all the many girls that went skipping through the maze with me, painting the roses red, and teaching me how to curtsy(side note again, that word TOTALLY came from courtesy, I always thought that was awesome, a girl showed courtesy which eventually shortened to just curtsy) Thank you to the Queen of Hearts which entertained me with stories of her romances with Captain Hook! Thanks Katie for being a good boss! 


P.S. Some other things I enjoyed! As the Mad Hatter I got to do ANYTHING! Really, as long as it was appropriate to do around children, I could get away with doing it. I LOVED IT! Hence how Super Girl and Princess Grandpa came about.
PPS I really enjoyed when people I know in real life came about talking to Justin, who... for better or worse was not there. It was a super interesting experience to completely step into someone else. It was something totally different from playing a character on stage. First off.. I had no script. My first day I had NO CLUE whatsoever what I was supposed to do. Eventually I realized I was the Mad Hatter, I could get away with most anything.
PPPS, someone actually asked me if I was British! SUCCESS! Oh, and they said I was their favorite/best actor there!
PPPPS That's all, I just wanted to do one more! :)

...

PPPPPS Thanks as always for coming on my adventure with me! You guys should tell me something I should post about in my next blog. I've been running out of ideas!



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun. It sounds pretty cool to be able to share the little girls' princess experiences with them. I bet you were an excellent mad hatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Grandpa said you were really good at losing tic tac toe.
    I'm SO glad you enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwhwahaha You are oh so very welcome. We are soooo glad you got to work in the Princess Festival with us. YOu were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete