Monday, March 26, 2012

So, sometimes I read my blog.

The above statement is truth. Sometimes I read my blog, today I went back through all of my posts and I found one waaaaay back from 2009! (That's a whole different decade!)

I referred to my addiction to shows(I'm pretty sure that it's reached the point that it might actually be an addiction) as a bondage, but the 3 years since then I've changed my mind very much about the matter. You see, while still being totally addicted to shows, I love every moment of it. Part of it may be the fact that my most common place to perform now is the HCTO(Hale Center Theater Orem) rather than the Scera Shell or high school. That show that I was in reference to was Beauty and the Beast, the beginning of 3 years of the longest break of me not being in a show was 2...maybe 3 months. I have grown A LOT since then. Both as a performer and as a person. Theatrically I've gone from being cast as just ensemble roles, to "parts" in what is generally considered higher quality theater. It's exciting.

The plays I've been in since then have all been kind of amazing. From Beauty $ the Beast to Joseph to...Who Dunnit?!(A Murder Mystery! as a director) ...and Lumiere) to The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged to Beauty and the Beast(director!...and Lumiere) to Willy Wonka to The Scarlet Pimpernel to Hairspray to Singing in the Rain to A Christmas Carol and finally to The Secret Garden!

I've loved every single one of those shows and every single one of them has helped me grow in SO many ways. Basically, it was amazing to me how I've grown and changed since that second post EVER on my blog. I'm still not great at blogging, but sometimes it's nice to look back and see how far you've come. Someday later on in life maybe I'll look back here and be proud of the steps I've taken. Basically is what I'm trying to say, I'm really grateful for this grand adventure called life.

3 comments:

  1. :D Hey! You never let us know what part you got in Secret Garden! :D I'm glad you're grateful for life. I'm grateful for your life too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the part of Fakir, you should follow me on twitter so you know these things! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogging for this very reason. And I also love you loving shows, because I love watching you be in shows you love to be in.

    (That sentence was fun to write.)

    ReplyDelete