Thursday, April 24, 2014

This I Believe

This I believe was a homework assignment very much along the lines of what I normally post on here, so I figured I would just put it up, so that you can learn more about me on my adventure. :)

This I Believe is an international organization engaging people in writing and sharing essays describing the core values that guide their daily lives.”
“We invite you to contribute to this project by writing and submitting your own statement of personal belief. We understand how challenging this is—it requires such intimacy that no one else can do it for you. To guide you through this process, we offer these suggestions. thisibelieve.org



Actors are the students of humanity, the embodiment of empathy, and the vehicle of catharsis. As an actor I must learn to be everyone. I must learn to understand who they are, who they’ve been, and who they want to be; and in coming to fully understand someone it is impossible to feel anything but love. In short, as an actor, I must learn to love. In learning to love, I have come to believe that there is nothing but love.
I believe the power of love, the beauty of love, the passion of love, the hope of love. Love is what gives us the inspiration to achieve.\There is a defining love that drives me forward and it is only my fears that hold me back. These two sides of a coin, this yin and yang, that have left me balancing on the precipice between hope and despair.
For myself it is the love of admiration that drives me. Quite simply, I love to be adored and with that love I have an equally unique fear the shames me. A fear that can drive me to a standstill, that halts any possible remembrance of love.In my fear, my anxiety which in truth is nothing but fear, I run, I hide, I despair in all that might ever be because there is nothing but fear here inside. The only possible solution and answer for this fear is love.
It can be any kind of love from any source. The love of a father, a friend, brother, mother, sister, wife, or even myself. Yes, the most powerful and meaningful love I have found in my life is that of the power of accepting and understanding myself, and therefore loving myself. However, I have no greater fear than myself. The fear of my potential, my success, and the maddening fear that I am not good enough to stand on this earth - and so, facing that fear, I choose love. A love that springs hope eternal, a love that allows success in my life, a love that allows me to be free. A love that disperses fear like the lantern dispels darkness. A love that abides. I believe there is nothing but love.

2 comments:

  1. That being said...I love you very much!! You are a great joy in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop posting things that make me want to post from the same writing prompt. Or rather, keep doing it. It's fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete